email@example.com ♦ Bloomington, Minnesota
I strive to connect concepts from a variety of areas to create a unified and engaging customer experience. I hope to work on a project team in a fast-paced environment, ideally for a technology company.
University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Science, Scientific and Technical Communication (2015)
- Creating engaging, accurate, and informative content, and writing in different styles to appeal to multiple audiences.
- Managing projects to completion using outstanding research, collaboration, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Thinking critically and creatively while maintaining close attention to details, standards, and constraints.
- Knowledge of web content development and strategy, digital marketing, e-mail and social media best practices, technologies, and tools generally.
- Strong command of content management systems (CMS), and the ability to learn quickly and train others.
Work Experience & Highlights
Bluespire Marketing in Edina, Minnesota
- Developed experience maps, wireframes, discussion guides, content maps and digital road maps for clients in health care and financial services industries.
- Completed audience analysis for projects using competitive reviews, personas, and content audits.
Web Writer and Editor
University of Minnesota for the College of Liberal Arts in Minneapolis, Minnesota
November 2014‑August 2015
- Developed a working style guide for the College of Liberal Arts.
- Lead three and executed six website redesign projects in Drupal CMS, and collaborated with project teams, content owners, and stakeholders to envisage, rapid-prototype, and deliver web solutions.
Usability Research Consultant
Hennepin County Library in Minneapolis, Minnesota
January 2015-May 2015
- Developed, facilitated, and presented a usability test, test results, and usability recommendations.
Web Content Consultant
Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota
October 2014-December 2014
- Developed a website prototype for the client using their CMS, Ecktron.
- Conducted and analyzed user interviews and content audits to create user personas, site maps, and wireframe mockups.
Usability Lab Assistant
University of Minnesota for Information Technology in Minneapolis, Minnesota
May 2014-May 2015
- Developed two service request forms for Training and Usability Services using personas, interaction flow diagrams, interactive project management skills, rapid prototyping, and Qualtrics software.
- Observed and scheduled over 37 usability tests, learning common user tendencies and how to measure user experience.
Customer Service Associate
Iron Mountain Information Management in Bloomington, Minnesota
November 2005-October 2009
- Handled sensitive and complex issues with good judgment, working in a cross-functional team.
Please see my LinkedIn profile for a complete work history, including my experience in the service industry.